'40-year-old Virgin' actor Shelley Malil who stabbed ex-girlfriend 23 times given parole after servi

'The 40-Year-Old Virgin' actor Shelley Malil has been granted parole after serving almost close to a decade on charges of an attempted murder, the NY DailyNews reports. The decision came on Tuesday after a California parole boardpresided over Malil's case, deeming him a low risk in terms of violent acts in the future.

'The 40-Year-Old Virgin' actor Shelley Malil has been granted parole after serving almost close to a decade on charges of an attempted murder, the NY DailyNews reports. The decision came on Tuesday after a California parole board presided over Malil's case, deeming him a low risk in terms of violent acts in the future.

The 53-year-old actor, who is best known for starring alongside Steve Carell in the 2005 Judd Apatow-directed sex comedy, 'The 40-Year-Old Virgin', was sentenced to a life term following a 2008 stabbing incident. According to reports, Malil had been charged with attempted murder, after he allegedly stabbed his ex-girlfriend Kendra Beebe 23 times. The incident is said to have taken place inside her home, when Malil found the victim drinking with another man. 

The woman in questions endured severe injuries at the time, including puncture wounds on her arms, chest, her back and neck. In fact, had it not been for her friend's intervention, Beebe might not have survived the grievous assault, as per reports. 

Gov. Jerry Brown earlier this year argued against Malil’s early release because there was not a sufficient reason as to why Malil’s “rage escalated so far out of control, and resulted in such a prolonged horror,” according to a report in the Los Angeles Times.

San Diego County District Attorney Summer Stephan issued a statement on Tuesday expressing "disappointment" that Malil was being released after serving eight years in prison.

“We agree with the Governor that Malil demonstrated uncontrolled rage and lacks an understanding of his crime,” Stephan wrote. “The victims have endured tremendous physical and emotional pain. To approve this individual for release, given his violent attack, ignores the very real danger he poses to public safety.”

According to the San Diego Union-Tribune, Malil apologized and took full responsibility for his actions.

“Kendra Beebe did not deserve anything that happened to her. … I can’t even begin to imagine what she has been through,” Malil had allegedly said during his 2010 sentencing, making promises to right all his misdeeds.

However, with the latest update confirming news about his parole, Malil's ex-girlfriend has opened up to 10News, revealing her fears. 

“Why are we letting out this person who’s going to go back out and go back on the internet and date and possibly relapse and hurt somebody else,” Beebe was quoted as saying by the website. "10 years ago I missed my daughter’s first day of first grade because I was testifying about the Malil attack, and today I missed my daughter’s first day of high school because I was here, trying to keep our family safe, and now I feel unsafe again.”   

Reportedly she added, "I have permanent injuries and the emotional pain is always going to be there."

Parole board decides another hearing should be held for Hollywood bit player Shelley Malil, who's served 9 years for attempted murder of ex-girlfriend. @10News 7:01p pic.twitter.com/7nqOamtTx5

— Steve Fiorina (@10NewsFiorina) May 16, 2018

ncG1vNJzZmillZbEuHrCqKRobGBixqat0WampZxdq7azs8inZJqbpKS%2FbsPHqGSwmaNirqSv1KycnWWfm3q0wMCbm6ilkZ67oIOMnq9mn5mnuae%2ByJ6lnWViaHq1tcyeqmanpal6sLqMqZirp5ya

ncG1vNJzZmitqpbGb63MrGpnnJmctrWty6ianpmeqL2ir8SsZZynnWSBcXnYnpirZZ%2BhsW7CyKueoqZdlrC1u9FmqqGdnKGyunnMmqOipF2stbB50q2Ym5qVmXqmxIygoKuklqe2prrDZmlsZaSeuqa%2FjKCgr52eYr2ivs6lnGaZlqmys3nSnqmvoV6dwa64

Share!