5 Festive Fashion Pieces Im Buying on Sale for Holiday Parties

November is finally here, which means so, too, are endless holiday carols on the radio, a handful of Christmas tree lots about town, and, perhaps most pertinent, a long list of mini sales before the big ones after Thanksgiving: Black Friday and Cyber Monday. I like to think that its retails early gift to social

November is finally here, which means so, too, are endless holiday carols on the radio, a handful of Christmas tree lots about town, and, perhaps most pertinent, a long list of mini sales before the big ones after Thanksgiving: Black Friday and Cyber Monday. I like to think that it’s retail’s early gift to social people who have an affinity for dressing festively, so consider this your sign to shop for early-in-the-season get-togethers, such as Friendsgiving and Thanksgiving itself.

No seasonal party look is complete without a few staples, like a dress, tailored suit, or versatile pair of metallic shoes. Below are five deals I’m swooping in on ahead of party season while they’re on sale. I’m adding them to my cart before prices go back up — or worse, they sell out — and you should, too.

Shop On-Sale Holiday Party Pieces:

J.Crew Giselle Sweater Blazer

J.Crew

A classic black, wide-lapel blazer is practical for winter, but I’m going for peak festive this year. That’s why I love this sweater-blazer with a crew neckline and gold button details — think fancy grandma. To our office party next month, I’ll be wearing this with a fitted white tank top, crisp blue barrel-leg jeans, and pointed black mules. I’ll also probably push up the sleeves of the sweater and do a simple red-tinted lip for added youthfulness.

Loeffler Randall Doreen Diamanté Frame Pouch

Saks Fifth Avenue

Take things up a notch with statement accessories. This metallic bag would do the trick in any of the three colors offered, but for me, the emerald color is peak festive. I could see myself carrying it with this Banana Republic slip dress for a monochromatic look, but it’s also great for those who have a mostly neutral wardrobe, providing a pop of color to your LBD. (In this event, I’d create subtle color coordination with green eyeliner in a similar hue.)

Tory Burch Cashmere Shrunken Crewneck

Tory Burch

I’m too practical to convince you to buy a quirky holiday sweater; rather, why not invest in a cashmere one in a pretty bright hue at a fraction of the original retail price? The red color would look great with everything from classic blue jeans or neutral trousers to a graphic-printed midi skirt. You could still get a lot of wear out of it post-Christmas — perhaps even with a pair of white jeans in the spring.

Schutz Maryana Block Pointed Toe Knee-High Boot

Nordstrom

If you’re looking to put your plain black boots aside for a bit, check out Schutz’s Maryana boots in this soft, eggshell color, a sort of winter white hue. I’d wear this with a black mini dress or coordinate with a cream sweater tucked into blue jeans for something more casual. I’d pull it all together with a vivacious red lipstick.

A.L.C. Alexis Sequined Cutout Midi Dress

Saks Off 5th

Here’s proof that sequins can be relatively understated — namely, in the form of an all-black midi dress that also features soft shoulder padding and cutouts along the rib cage. This would look great with a pair of strappy black sandals (a staple that’s probably already in your closet) and blingy silver jewelry.

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7qrrSrbClnV6YvK57x6ijopyRrnqxrdGtsGaekai1qrvNZpyaqpyueqO4wJyiZp6inrGixYysmKWdXW2BcXyScGo%3D

Share!