1000-Lb Sisters' pregnant Amy Slaton is LOSING weight & aims to drop 100 more lbs as she swaps fried

PREGNANT Amy Slaton says she is LOSING weight despite her growing baby bump and aims to drop another 100bs overall - after swapping fried food for salad. Cameras have followed the 34-year-old star for three years on the hit TLC show 1000-Lb Sisters, along with her sibling Tammy, and fans have seen her drop a

PREGNANT Amy Slaton says she is LOSING weight despite her growing baby bump and aims to drop another 100bs overall - after swapping fried food for salad.

Cameras have followed the 34-year-old star for three years on the hit TLC show 1000-Lb Sisters, along with her sibling Tammy, and fans have seen her drop a number of dress sizes.

And although the mom-of-one, who has 15-month-old Gage, is expecting her second child with husband Michael Halterman in July, she is determined not to eat for two.

At the beginning of the series, Amy tipped the scales at 406lbs, but told The Sun she has been able to get down to 250lbs after having gastric bypass surgery in 2019.

In an exclusive interview from her home in Kentucky, she said: "I feel like I'm actually losing weight with this baby because I'm eating right.

"Gage's favorite foods are green beans, broccoli, brussels sprouts, and tuna fish, that boy will eat tuna salad every day if I let him. 

"He eats healthy so I eat healthily. But I do have sugar here just in case my sugar gets low, because with this baby my sugar drops into the 40s, with Gage it was always high. 

"I asked my doctor, 'Hey is it okay if I lose weight'. And my doctor said yes, as long as the baby gains it."

Research published on healthline.com shows losing weight during pregnancy is possible, and could even be beneficial for women who are extremely overweight but is not recommended for those who are a healthy size.

Most read in Celebrity

Amy admitted she is having some pregnancy cravings but is trying to eat as well as she can.

"I am craving pickles and garlic powder at the moment," she laughed. "And potstickers, which are like a Chinese dumpling. 

"I don't have set meals I just eat when I’m hungry. With a gastric bypass, I've lost from 406 to 250. I feel a lot better because now I can run after him [Gage]. I do get tired, but it's not as bad as when I was overweight."

Amy's lifestyle overhaul comes as sister Tammy, 35, reportedly lost 115lb in just 30 days in rehab, now weighing in at around 534lb, after almost dying in a medically-induced coma.

She will remain in the facility as she tackles her food addiction for several months after her weight ballooned and family feared her days were numbered.

Quizzed on what led to their weight gain since childhood, Amy said: "Years of bad eating and family history.

"We believed in fried foods, butter, whatever was cheaper my grandma bought. My mom worked a lot so it was basically our grandma.

"She died when I was 10, so it was either take-out or something I could pop in the microwave real quick, something like that ain't very healthy for you. 

"There was a little bit of depression because my grandma just died, but we didn't know how to cook.

"Once a week my uncle would come over and cook breakfast for us and we thought that was the best, we didn't know how to cook the gravy."

LIFESTYLE OVERHAUL

Asked what her favorite meal is now, she said: "Salad, all I've been wanting is salad, and it has to have chicken breast.

"I just want to get down to 150, I'm 250 right now. I don't exercise, but running after him [Gage] is exercise, picking him up most of the time is like picking up a 25lb barbell."

Amy told The Sun she doesn't always eat breakfast, but will sometimes grab an egg roll from the gas station, and opts for a sandwich or salad for lunch before cooking for their family in the evening.

"I bake all the meat, baked chicken, pork chops, or something like that," she said. "Then we'll have one healthy side and one bad side.

"I'll have cauliflower macaroni and cheese, he'll [Gage] think it's regular macaroni and cheese, but he will eat brussels sprouts, we also have corn or peas or mashed potato."

Amy doesn't drink many sodas and tries to stick to water and coffee and says she has to avoid spicy food as it hurts her stomach after having her gastric bypass surgery.

AMY'S BABY NEWS

Meanwhile, Amy, who wants to quit the show if her hours aren't cut back, also gave fans an update on her unborn baby this week as she prepares to have a C-section on July 5, days before her due date.

She took to Instagram on Monday to share a photo of an avocado, explaining that her family’s latest addition is about the size of the fruit.

Just days ago, she also revealed the gender and name of her second child in an emotional and sweet video. 

She shared a special moment from her gender reveal party on YouTube, which caught her sitting in a chair as she held up a white sign, which showed she is expecting a boy.

While checking on her cellphone, the TLC star said: "It's a boy. John Allen," as she revealed a possible name for their next bundle of joy.

Speaking to The Sun about her second child, she said: "I'm 16 weeks pregnant, I'm just looking forward to him [Gage] having a friend. My nephews are all 16 and up, so he's the only baby.

Read More on The US Sun

"It's a boy, but I was hoping for a girl. My husband's mom doesn't have any granddaughters, I really wanted to give her one.

"But I called her and she said, 'I don't care if it's a boy or not!' She's more used to boys, so she was fine with it."

We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for The US Sun team?

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7tbTEZqqupl6YvK57xKernqqklravucSnq2hsZmWDeYCTaGhpaGBiuaN50qKqrZ2iqHqxvsSgpZqmpGKursWMrKOarJ%2Bjeqq%2FjKWmrKGenHq4scign61n

Share!